"Cobus Bosman"

"Cobus Bosman"

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Broken Homes

About a year and a bit ago my parents got separated, at first i was pretty dam upset and un open to change. My mom moved to Hout bay and and i stayed in Somerset West until about a month ago when i decided to try experience the Atlantic life.

 
Staying in Somerset West and getting waves like this on your door step is never a bad thing. photo by alice steele



As reluctant as i was  to move to Hout bay as soon as i got there i was greeted with an amazing swell and the funniest little waves came wedging against the harbour wall (photos coming soon) the coolest thing about this wave is you can sit on the wall and wait until you see a good wave approaching and quickly jump off catch it then run around and wait on the wall until you see another good one. All photos taken by my mom Sally she just recently opened a photo studio in observatory called black dog studios!

waiting for a wave



One of Ian's pics taken at Llands
 Then i started making some really good connections and Friends such as Ian Thurtel such an amazing photographer, hes innovative and hes always so amped and motivated to shoot.


Jordan Alexander teaching me in the foreground a lesson on how to do big full rotation air reverses
One of my best mates Jordan Alexander such a talented surfer! been surfing with him a lot  recently constantly pushing each other in the water. His surfing greatly inspires me!


Jordan again boosting with incredible style at Llands
Jordan and his dad Hans decided to take me out on their ski wile Ian Thurtel documented some of the action behind the lens
Hans tows hulk Alley oops!
Ian Thurtel trying some new angles
In between all this Ive had a real poor result up in Durban

Jacob ‘the Hulk’ Mellish powering his way through the mid-break but unfortunately it was not enough and went down in his round of 32 heat.

Sucking on the beers shortly after loosing!

Recently had a road trip up to Seal point, scored some of the best waves of my entire life on the way up there in plett managed  to meet some incredible people photos of Plett will be updated soon!
but in between cooking waves was S.A champs managed to get a 5th a little disappointed but at least i managed to have one or two fun heats for a change
managed to get an 8.0 ride on this wave that advanced me through to the semi finals.


going big never managed to pay off ended getting knocked down into third in the last 30 seconds of the heat to steven Steven Sawyer and Mathew Bromley

Ive learnt alot recently through alot of hard experiences but only only to make me stronger (as you can notice my huge muscles in the below picture) getting used to the change from the Atlantic and adjusting to the new homes has been hard but right now i couldn't be happier and as Jordan reminds me every single day "I'm living the dream!"


me and my new Xcel infinity! honestly the warmest greatest suit Ive ever worn! at least i know I'm gonna be warm this winter in the Atlantic ocean ! photo :alice steele



No comments: